Adanac Emergency Preparedness Project will engage hundreds of local residents in activities to increase their knowledge, capacity and motivation to become more prepared and able to respond to emergencies such as earthquakes and other natural disasters.
Residents concerned about our community’s capacity will work as volunteers to organize and lead the following activities:
- form an ongoing project committee and develop, implement and monitor the project and its action plan
- gather education materials & resources on emergency preparedness
- create interactive activities
- purchase emergency preparedness supplies
- create demonstration kits for use in events
- develop promotional materials for the workshops / events and disseminate in the community June-Nov.
- implement a series of workshops / events open to the community on emergency preparedness July-Nov.
- maintain emergency supplies in a community venue for use by the community in case of emergency.