All our volunteers come through one of our agency partners. You can go through a volunteer training program with the Hastings Sunrise Community Policing Centre, Hastings Community Centre or Kiwassa Neighbourhood House. All our volunteers who participate at our events such as the Pandora Park Fall Fair are provided through these partners and their volunteer lists. If you are looking for volunteer opportunities and to get involved in your community, please look at what each agency can offer and find the perfect volunteer experience for you.
Hastings Sunrise Community Policing Centre
What would I do?
In addition to our core programs, there are many other opportunities for volunteers to become involved.
We match volunteers’ interests with the needs of the organization and the community whenever possible. Volunteers assist with:
- graphic design
- computer programming
- program development
- project development
- office maintenance
- delivering notices
- researching resource materials
- and much more…
What are the requirements?
To become one of our volunteers, you must be:
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- 18 years of age or older
- willing to consent to and pass a VPD criminal record check
- comfortable working with the public and be a team player
- able to converse and write in English
- available to work at least 8 hours a month on regularly scheduled shifts
* There are no restrictions on who can participate in the Community Clean-up program. Everyone is welcome. Youth under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
How do I get involved?
- Attend the next volunteer information session to learn more about the Hastings Sunrise Community Policing Centre (HSCPC), our programs and volunteer opportunities.
- Fill out our volunteer application form and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it with you to the volunteer information session.
- Meet with our volunteer coordinator to begin the application process and agree to a criminal record check.
- After your application and criminal record check have been successfully processed, we will contact you for follow-up
- Once you become a volunteer, after participating in our orientation and training, you will be able to choose from a variety of opportunities.
To register for an information session, or if you have any questions about volunteering, please contact the HSCPC office at 604-717-3584 or e-mail your application to email@example.com.
Kiwassa Neighbourhood House
Would you like to get involved in your community? Do you have skills and ideas you would like to share? Are you wanting to help make good things happen for others?
Kiwassa Neighbourhood House welcomes, values and appreciates community leadership and support. Volunteers play an integral role in the delivery of most of our services. Volunteering at Kiwassa is a great way to: develop skills and work, have opportunities to take part in leadership and skills trainings, receive a letter of reference for successful completion of volunteer placements, and receive orientation and networking opportunities in your community.
If interested in volunteer and leadership training opportunities, call 604.254.5401 and speak with the Community & Volunteer Developer.
Hastings Community Association
Hastings Community Centre
Volunteering Opportunities and Special events at the Hastings Community Centre and HNCPG events are supported by community members like you! Volunteers can gain valuable work experience, build relationships with the Youth Worker and event staff and meet other youth and community members. Some of these opportunities include:
- Pandora Park Fall Fair (Oct)
- Centre events such as Family Day (Feb)
- Spring Break Day Camps Week 1 (Mar)
- Spring Break Day Camps Week 2 (Mar)
- Easter Carnival (April)
Please email Eric at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or to sign up to volunteer.